Thursday, November 28, 2013

Throwback Thursday #1: Your Time's Been up for a While Now

I posted on Twitter a sneak peek what I would be covering on the blog this week and it was this photo:


I'm sure that was a piece of cake to guess. I'm sure the video still holds good memory for everyone! If you need time, yes, please watch this amazing video, titled "Your Time's Been up for a While Now" below!!!



There would be a couple of screencaps as I go through my thoughts about the video and whatnots. As well as, maybe some facts I do know about!


Now I wonder if this was taken during Battle of the Bands event at their secondary school. Definitely I recognized that it was a school too, when I kept on playing the video back and forth.



The audience they had then, were students.



I just noticed too, especially, when I saw Brandon walking around I knew it was a school or perhaps their school:



I'm guessing too, from the photo (below) I came across on Twitter/Instagram a few weeks ago. The year was 2007, it says. Also mentioned - Battle of the Band event happened at Garibaldi Secondary School.

I'm truly, without a doubt, a stalker!!! OMG!

Tweeted posted on Twitter/Instagram by Adam Buckley: https://twitter.com/adambuckley_/status/395396436701229056


Facts (I may know only a little though, so some maybe are just my opinions):


> The video was uploaded on Apr 2, 2007. That was like posted up on YouTube eons ago!

> The song title "Your Time's Been up for a While Now" was changed when the song was selected to be included in the self-titled album. It's now called "Can You Hear Me Call". (I guess you could say the lyrics were changed too.)

> Noticed Brandon was still the drummer and of course, vocals, when that video was posted up. Jonny was not in the band yet.


> Say hi to Ryan 2007!! He looked like someone I know! LOL



> Say hi to Brandon 2007 as well! His lip ring rocks too, haha!



> Say hi to Mathew 2007, haha! Compare Mathew 2007 to 2009, and then to 2013...OMG. Pretty big change, Mathew!



> Mathew should've joined Ryan and do one of his own pose too. Actually he already did there - his hand on his hip. Aww. Probably camera-shy. Take a glance at Mathew and then look back at Ryan.

Ryan and his awesomeness. Forever there.


Yes...forever.



and ever.


I was thinking of making GIFs. Too bad, my computer hasn't been installed with Adobe Photoshop. With it, it would've made things better. I would get to see Ryan's epicness repeating. Non-stop!! Oh well...

> The drum set - bass drum has been long titled The Latency on it!



> The hardcore screamo came from Mathew. I've always thought it was Ryan's.


>Yep. This.


> Oooh... Not only does The Latency's fans were teenage girls but also has amazing young fans too! Awesome!



> Song title was quite wordy for a title. I guess that's why the change(?). Lyrics and vocals and how the tune went was a little different from the new version - Can You Hear Me Call. <---It's just my own opinion :P

No more facts, haha! I need opinions!

Which is the better version between the two?  

Your Time's Been up for a While Now   OR   Can You Hear Me Call?

I've always thought that both versions are cool! I'm in no position to lie and be biased. What I'm truly saying is, I really liked both! Couldn't agree more with how they changed it. Edited and primped. Improved a lot too! It was for the better as well, for the EP/self-titled album.

------------------
Video/screencaps source: The Latency video page - YouTube
Photo credits to (Battle of the Bands pic): Adam Buckley (abuckley_) and also on Webstagram <---Shout out to Adam Buckley! Thanks for sharing Adam Buckley!! I wouldn't have figured it out without your random sharing on Instagram! Cheers!

Unfortunately, that's all I have for this week.


Yeah... I extremely can't get enough of Ryan, haha!

Be back blogging next week! Enjoy the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment